Cardiology at The Capstone Clinic:
At The Capstone Clinic, in addition to providing treatment from the top, famous cardiologists in India, we want to help our patients and their families prevent cardiac disease. As a multispecialty clinic that caters to the whole family, we are also in a unique position to help families identify and manage hereditary conditions based on the family history of our patients.
Cardiac disease is the leading cause of mortality and morbidity among non-communicable diseases. We have the best cardiologists in Chennai at The Capstone Clinic, who are specialists in their field and dedicated to providing top notch care to their patients. Our heart specialists are famous and are also known to be the top practitioners of their field in India and their vast experience covers areas such as interventional cardiology and related procedures. They are experts in cardiology treatment in India and have a lot of experience in pediatric and adult cardiology.
Cardiology is the study of the normal structure, functioning of the heart and the diseases related to the heart and its blood supply. Common diseases of the heart are: atherosclerosis, hypertension, ischemia, angina, and heart failure.
The causes for heart disease can be due to physiological, pathological and environmental factors. According to our heart specialists, some of the main causes of cardiac disease are:
- Conditions like High cholesterol, Hypertension and Diabetes, Anemia, Rheumatic fever, Septal defects and so on.
- Infective causes such as Endocarditis and Rheumatic fever.
- Lifestyle factors like sedentary habits, smoking and obesity and,
- Psychological factors like stress and anxiety.
A paediatric cardiologist in Chennai would also be addressing special cardiac conditions in infants and children.
To help our patients quickly identify the most common symptoms of a cardiac event, our cardiology specialist in Chennai has put together some symptoms that you should look out for. These are:
- Dyspnea – shortness of breath.
- Chest pain – in the center of the chest (retrosternal region) that is constricting or crushing in nature and radiating to the arms, shoulders, neck or jaws.
- Increased sweating,Palpitations.
- Loss of consciousness and collapse.
Our cardiologists who consider this speciality to be a Chennai Heart Clinic within our multispeciality setup also urge you to immediately visit a hospital with reliable ER and cardiac facilities, if you have any of the below signs of a possible cardiac event:
- Pale, cold and clammy skin.
- Pitting type of edema - Swelling of both feet.
- Increased blood pressure.
Our team of doctors at The Capstone Clinic are top diagnosticians and being a part of a multispecialty clinic, equipped to provide comprehensive medical care for the cardiac health of the whole family. Whether you are in search for a reliable cardiologist in Chennai or a renowned heart specialist in Chennai, your search can end at The Capstone Clinic. We begin our assessment of a patient through a detailed patient and family history and a review of their signs and symptoms. We do a systemic examination before we proceed with other tools or investigations like chest radiographs, ECG, echocardiogram, treadmill tests, doppler study, cardiac MRI, multi slice CT, and biochemistry test that includes the assessment of the blood cholesterol levels. We ensure that when we prescribe a course of treatment for our patients, it is done after a thorough assessment and factoring in various conditions.
Diseases of the heart can be prevented in most cases through changes in diet and lifestyle. These include:
- Maintaining a healthy weight by limiting the calorie intake and following a prescribed diet and exercise regime.
- An increased intake of fiber-rich food like leafy green vegetables, fruits, and vegetables, cereals and pulses. Incorporate polyunsaturated rich foods in the diet to increase HDL levels in the blood.
- Avoiding saturated foods like fatty foods as well as quitting smoking, excessive alcohol consumption and tobacco chewing all aid in maintaining a healthy heart.