Dermatology at The Capstone Clinic:
Our dermatologists at The Capstone Clinic bring together tremendous expertise in clinical dermatology and absolute adherence to ethics and patient centric approach at all times. Given the level of noise in areas such as cosmetic surgery, our dermatology experts believe in offering sensible, comprehensive and long term care and treatment to patients. With proven track record in the successful treatment of skin and hair ailments in Chennai, our Dermatologist team which includes some of the best dermatologist in Chennai, is able to offer several specialised treatments like hair loss, hair fall treatments and hair transplants and also diagnosis and treatment of skin conditions that are specific to our environment and our genetics and physiology.
While hair loss treatment in India is much talked about, people may still need a reliable hair loss treatment in Chennai and likewise a skin doctor in Chennai whom they can trust. For those who require sensitive handling of their skin and hair conditions, and expertise they can trust, The Capstone Clinic promises them access to the best skin doctors and hair specialist doctor in Chennai.
Dermatology refers to the study of the normal structure, functioning, and diseases of the skin. The skin is the largest organ in the body and is also the most intelligent organ of the body. It reflects the inner emotional, psychological and physical picture of the person on its surface and any deviations within the body, are usually indicated by the skin. Whether one is in need of the best hair specialist in India or the best skin doctor in Chennai or a reliable hair transplant clinic in India, they can be assured of sensitive, ethical and comprehensive solutions with the experts at our clinic. One of our experts, who many regard as among the best dermatologist in Chennai, has compiled these top causes and signs and symptoms that people should watch out for.
- Viral infections – Herpes simplex, herpes zoster, warts etc.
- Bacterial – includes bacterial infections like erysipelas.
- Fungal – include candidiasis, ringworm etc.
- Parasitic infestations like scabies and pediculosis.
- Environmental agents like ionizing radiation can even lead to skin cancers.
As skin is a mirror of the body, any change within the body can reflect on the skin with varying signs and symptoms. Some of these signs and symptoms include:
- Itching with rashes/growths.
- Pain and burning with a rash/ growth/ ulcer.
- Scaling or dryness of the skin .
- Painless, color changing growths or spots which increase in number or size.
As a multispecialty clinic that caters to the whole family, we treat all our patients with a holistic approach. Any diagnosis begins with a physical examination of the affected parts including scalp and nails. A detailed medical history regarding the symptoms, their spread, severity and aggravating conditions, familial history, social history, history of previous medical illness is recorded. A diagnosis is aided by procedures like direct microscopy (for skin scrapings), cytological examinations, biopsies, slide agglutination tests and immunofluorescence study to confirm the diagnosis of the dermatologists.
What sets our team apart is their continuous commitment to educate patients and their families on the benefits of better lifestyle and nutrition for skin and hair health. Our experts at The Capstone Clinic advice that most skin diseases can be prevented. Some of the simple measures to follow are:
- Increase intake of vitamin C and vitamin E rich foods in the daily diet and avoid oily, fatty and greasy foods.
- Increased daily water intake to 2 litres per day to prevent dryness of the skin.
- Wearing protective clothing and guarding against the harmful radiations.
- Avoid sharing personal items and ensuring proper hygiene.