ENT at The Capstone Clinic:
Any conditions that affect the ear, nose or throat can have quite an impact on a person’s health and wellbeing, depending on the degree of severity of the condition. At The Capstone Clinic, we treat a wide range of ENT conditions and team includes some of the best ENT specialists in India, including top paediatric ENT doctor in Chennai as well as Ear and Sinus doctors and surgeons. Given our family medicine approach and the possibility of collaborations across specialities, we have been able to address the needs of patients across ages effectively. Growing children and ageing elders require attention to ENT for varying reasons, and our ENT specialists in Chennai, who are amongst the best, are well equipped to provide the best possible diagnosis, treatment and care.
ENT Specialists treat diseases of the Ear, Nose and Throat (ENT) that affect both adults and children. This speciality deals with the study of the organs, structures, and diseases related to the ear, nose and the throat. These three organs are interconnected to each other and this speciality is also known as otorhinolaryngology.
Some of the common conditions affecting the ear are hearing problems, otitis media (inflammatory diseases of the middle ear) and tinnitus (perception of noise or a ringing sound in the ears); in the nose, are rhinitis (inflammation of the nasal mucosa), and sinusitis; and the throat complaints are tonsillitis, pharyngitis, and laryngitis.
Many families are in need of a reliable pediatric ENT in Chennai and they can now access this at The Capstone Clinic.
According to our ENT doctors, some of the main causes for such ailments are:
- Tumors – nasal polyps due to hypertrophy and malignant growth.
- Obesity – may be associated with snoring and obstructive sleep apnoea.
- Other risk factors include smoking and long-term medications.
- Hyperactive immune system reactions to allergens/pollens in the air leading to the diseases like allergic rhinitis (also called hay fever).
- Infections (bacterial or viral).
ENT conditions typically start small and can escalate to a chronic condition if not treated at the earliest. As this specialty deals with three organs, here are some of the specific signs and symptoms to look out for, for each of these organs.
Symptoms of the Ear include:
- Pain in one or both the ears.
- Thick or watery discharge from the ears.
- Ringing or buzzing sounds in one or both the ears.
- Decreased hearing.
Symptoms of Nasal conditions include:
- Nasal discharge.
- Nasal obstruction and congestion with difficulty in breathing or disturbed sleep.
- Fever or a headache associated with any of these symptoms.
Symptoms of the Throat include:
- Difficulty or pain during the swallowing of food.
- Painful or painless lumps around the neck.
- Change in the voice.
We urge you to visit our clinic where some of the best ENT specialist's in India practise. Availing medical advice and treatment at the onset of these symptoms will enable us to treat them at our ENT clinic in Chennai under the aegis of The Capstone Clinic. This will also help avoid spreading any infections that may be contagious.
A well-detailed history of the presenting complaints and the causes can clearly represent the picture of the disease in the acute conditions; however, in case of the long-term conditions, physical examination with a laryngoscopy, rhinoscopy or otoscopy may be conducted along with hearing tests like audiometry, X-rays and Ultrasound can provide extremely useful insights into the root cause of the problem and can help the doctor determine the best course of treatment for the patient.
As a multispecialty clinic, our doctors specialise in treatments that caters to the whole family with a holistic approach.
Here are a few simple guidelines that can help mitigate a lot of ENT conditions:
- Avoiding sharing of the personal items like towels, and handkerchiefs, with the infected person.
- Adhering to hygienic habits.
- Quitting smoking and tobacco use.