Gastroenterology at The Capstone Clinic
The Capstone Clinic offers consultation and treatment by one of the top gastroenterologists in India, Dr Barath Kumar Mookiah.
Gastroenterology is a medical speciality that is focused on the digestive system and its disorders. This includes addressing issues of the oesophagus, pancreas, liver, gall bladder, bile ducts, stomach, small intestine, large intestine and rectum. Specialists in this field primarily treat gastrointestinal (GI) tract diseases and tackle everything from constipation to Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
There are many different factors that cause gastrointestinal diseases:
- Conditions like a bacterial/viral infection, inflammatory bowel disease, acidity related conditions like gastritis, ulcers and dyspepsia, gall stone disease etc.
- Lifestyle factors such as excessive smoking, over-consumption of fatty foods/alcohol and a lack of fibre in the diet.
- Other factors like side-effects of anti-inflammatory drugs and painkillers or genetic factors.
To help our patients quickly identify the most common symptoms of gastrointestinal illnesses, here are some symptoms one should watch out for. If one experiences one or more of the following symptoms, it would warrant consulting our medical experts for a proper evaluation.
- Discomfort or pain in the abdomen
- Nausea, vomiting
- Difficulty swallowing/Dysphagia
- Acid reflux
- Sudden weight loss
Our team of doctors at The Capstone Clinic are top diagnosticians. Being part of a multispecialty clinic, they are equipped to provide comprehensive medical care for the digestive health of patients and their families. If you are in the search for a reliable gastroenterologist in Chennai, your search can end at The Capstone Clinic. We begin our assessment of a patient through a detailed patient and family history and a review of their signs and symptoms. We do a systemic examination before proceeding with other investigations like ultrasounds, colonoscopies, or endoscopies. We ensure that when we prescribe a course of treatment for our patients, it is done after a thorough assessment and factoring in various conditions.
What sets our team apart from others is an unwavering commitment to educating our patients on the necessary steps to prevent illness. Some gastrointestinal diseases can be prevented with changes in lifestyle and diet. These changes include:
- Avoiding excessive consumption of high-fat foods, sugary foods, and alcohol.
- Increasing intake of fibre-rich food like leafy green vegetables, whole wheat, cereals and pulses
- Incorporating regimented exercise into everyday routine and avoiding a sedentary lifestyle.