Obstetrics And Gynaecology at The Capstone Clinic
The Obstetricians and Gynaecologists at The Capstone Clinic are amongst the best in Chennai. Their cumulative experience in treating women for various aspects of women’s health is an important part of our family oriented practices. This speciality aims to be offer services in line with the best obstetrics clinic in India. Our specialist doctors provide therapies that are at par with the latest treatment protocols prevalent around the world. Most families understandably want the best obstetrician and gynaecologist in Chennai or the best OBG clinic in Chennai, to care for the women in their family and we are committed to living up to their expectations with the best quality care and treatment.
Obstetrics And Gynaecology refer to the medical specialty that deals with pregnancy, childbirth, and the postpartum period (under obstetrics) and the health of the female reproductive systems (vagina, uterus, and ovaries) and the breasts (under Gynaecology). Some of the best obstetricians and gynaecologists in Chennai practice at the Capstone Clinic. In their effort to provide holistic healthcare for women, they collaborate with doctors from other specialties to provide the best care for women of all ages in the family.
Our doctors are specialists in the treatment of various conditions affecting women such as menstrual irregularities, PCOS, among others. Given the rising incidence of infertility among married couples, our specialists are able to offer sensible and ethical guidance to couples and families who are seeking treatment for the same. Given that a large number of contributory factors affect fertility, our specialists have proven success rate in helping couples achieve their goal of parenthood, while offering sensible, sympathetic and comprehensive care during this potentially stressful phase.
With reference to women’s health, the causes of diseases affecting women are myriad and vary among the different age groups. However, some of the general causes and conditions requiring medical attention as listed by some of best gynaecologist in Chennai are as follows:
- Vaginal infections – bacterial or fungal; E.g., N.gonorrhoea, and C. albicans
- Hormonal factors like hyperthyroidism, polycystic ovarian diseases
- Pathological causes like growths or tumours including fibroids, and vulvar abscesses
- Trauma and Injury from accidental, mechanical, or induced trauma like repeated D&C, and abortions leading to the trauma of the inner lining of the uterus
- Psychological factors like stress, anxiety leading to infertility, vaginismus and spontaneous abortions
- Abuse of alcohol, caffeine, or tobacco during pregnancy, leading to foetal developmental problems and /or infertility
- Genetic causes like chromosomal defects that lead to abortions
Some of the common symptoms women suffer from include;
- Suppressed menses or menstrual irregularities
- Any kind of abnormal discharge from the vagina and/or the breast
- Heavy, profuse menstrual bleeding or post-menopausal bleeding
- Systemic symptoms like increase in body weight, anxiety, weakness, hair fall, sweating
- Pain after or during sex
- Failure or difficulty to conceives
The diagnosis of any problem related to Obstetrics And Gynaecology requires a detailed review, including medical, genetic and sexual history of the patient. Apart from routine investigations, a thorough general physical examination and genital examination may be performed. Diagnostic tests often require blood investigations for hormone levels, X-ray & Ultrasound including mammogram and ultrasound, and a PAP smear that could reveal a wealth of information on the patient’s condition and help diagnosis of the underlying condition.
At The Capstone Clinic, we firmly believe that if you check the health of a woman, you check the health of society. Diseases afflicting women can be prevented and managed to a great extent by following some simple guidelines:
- Healthy dietary habits including consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables, milk and eggs, green leafy vegetables during the pregnancy and lactation. This can prevent anaemia in pregnancy and delivery of low birth weight babies.
- Personal hygiene – Safe sex prevents sexually transmitted diseases like HIV and gonorrhoea.
- Adopting family planning methods under the supervision of the doctor can help prevent complications like incomplete abortions and ectopic pregnancy.
- Avoiding excessive alcohol intake and smoking.
- Maintaining a healthy body weight with nutritional balance and regular exercises.
Our specialists are well regarded for their effort to educate women and also families about the need for better lifestyle and nutrition for girls and women, at all ages. Helping women see through popular misconceptions and creating more awareness about conditions that could affect women are very much part of our effort at our obstetrics clinic in Chennai within The Capstone Clinic.