Rheumatology at The Capstone Clinic
At The Capstone Clinic, some of the best rheumatology doctors in Chennai help diagnose and treat rheumatic disease such as Arthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis and joint pain. As a multispecialty clinic that caters to the whole family, we do not merely treat our patients who come seeking the joint pain treatment in Chennai or arthritis treatment in Chennai, but also spend time with their family to help identify and manage some of these conditions including those that could be hereditary. Our specialists are considered amongst the best rheumatologist in Chennai and bring with them years of diagnostic expertise and treatment experience.
Rheumatology is the study of immune-mediated diseases that can impact the musculoskeletal system, soft tissue and other connective tissue. According to some of the best rheumatologist in India, who practice at The Capstone Clinic, the main causes are:
- Viral and bacterial infections.
- Post-infective causes, e.g. - Rheumatic fever.
- Degeneration causes, e.g. - Osteoarthritis.
- Tumours, e.g. - Osteosarcoma, Chondrosarcoma.
- Crystal formation, e.g. - Gout.
- Localized inflammation, e.g. – Tendinitis, Bursitis.
- Other causes are physical trauma, hypermobility syndrome and even occupational hazards such as repetitive stress injuries (in computer professionals) that cause a higher than normal wear and tear certain joints and muscles in the body.
Some of the more common rheumatological diseases are arthritis, autoimmune diseases, pain disorders affecting joints, and osteoporosis. Others like systemic lupus erythematosus, psoriatic arthritis, scleroderma, and gout also fall under this category of disease. There are more than 200 types of these diseases, including rheumatoid arthritis, osteoarthritis, gout, lupus, back pain, osteoporosis, and tendinitis. Some of these are very serious diseases that can be difficult to diagnose and treat. This makes the expertise of our specialists all the more important and relevant to families seeking the right medical advice regarding rheumatological conditions. Rheumatological diseases can manifest in men and women differently – especially with advancing age, and they can negatively impact the quality of life for the patient.
Here are some of the symptoms of an underlying rheumatic disease that warrant immediate attention:
- Pain and tenderness of a joint.
- Swelling of the joints.
- Joint stiffness.
- Fever with joint pains.
- Persistent back pain.
Our teams of doctors at The Capstone Clinic are top diagnosticians. Being a part of a multispecialty clinic, they are well-equipped to provide comprehensive medical care for the health of the individual. As rheumatological symptoms may be manifestations of systemic illness, it is very important to diagnose the disease accurately and provide treatment that is comprehensive. Our specialists may therefore prescribe blood tests, scans, joint aspiration, and biopsies to ensure that they have the complete picture before they can prescribe a course of treatment or protocol.
While many may focus on best treatment for rheumatoid arthritis in India, our endeavour is also to promote awareness that most rheumatic diseases are preventable by a healthy lifestyle, and these include
- Incorporating Vitamin C and Vitamin D rich foods in your diet;
- Regular exercise and physical activities that keep joints healthy and active as well as regular physiotherapy to improve mobility as required and,
- Minimising the ill effects of occupational hazards by wearing safety belts, guards, and harnesses.