Vision Correction Clinic
The Capstone Clinic offers quality vision care and vision correction techniques in Chennai. The clinic has a large collection of eyeglasses and contact lenses manufactured by the top lens manufacturing brands. The clinic is equipped to service the needs of those requiring prescription glasses and contact lenses. Detailed eye examination with the ophthalmologists at The Capstone Clinic will help ascertain with accuracy the condition that needs to be addressed along with the prescribed vision care or correction product from among the best options available. In line with our family medicine approach, our team is able to guide all members of the families to manage their vision better and address problems if any at an early stage.
- Near-sightedness, also called myopia: when objects that are close by appear clear, but objects at a distance appear blurred.
- Far-sightedness, also called hypermetropia: when objects at a distance appear clear compared to objects close by.
- Astigmatism: an eye condition where the eye is not able to distribute light evenly across the retina. Objects usually appear blurred and stretched.
- Presbyopia: an age-related condition, is the normal loss of near focusing ability. Most people start to notice the effects of presbyopia in middle age, when they start having trouble seeing small print clearly.
The two types of eyeglass lens are single vision and multifocal. Single vision lenses are designed to correct hypermetropia or farsightedness and myopia or near sightedness. They have a single power and are used to treat the specific vision problem. Multifocal lenses, also known as progressive lenses, combine multiple optical powers in a single lens. The lens is designed to change optical power from the top of the lens to the bottom.
There are different types of contact lenses to choose from;
- Daily disposable contact lenses, which can be discarded at the end of the day..
- Reusable contact lenses which can be used for two weeks. When not in use, they need to be cleaned in a disinfecting solution.
- Extended wear contact lenses can be worn overnight. The contact lenses are much thinner and made with silicone hydrogel.